Monday, June 6, 2011

Plant a radish...



Salad from my garden for lunch!  Spinach, radishes, basil, and unknown lettuce.  The tomato is from the store because we won't be seeing those for at least a month around here - if that!  It was delicious and satisfying.  (Emotionally. In terms of food it was a side dish to my two hot dogs.) 



These little radish guys are SO easy to grow!  I just put the seeds in and out came radishes! Have you seen The Fantastics?  Do you know that song, "Plant a radish, get a radish, not a brussel sprout.  That's why I like vegetables you know what they're about...While with child-er-en It's bewilderin' You don't know until the seed is nearly grown, just what you've sown."


I love that musical and that song is very present with me in the garden.  If you think tomatoes are hard to grow try kiddos!!


Posted by Picasa

Full hilarious lyrics available here:
From: http://www.allmusicals.com/lyrics/fantasticksthe/plantaradish.htm

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the salad, Emily. It looks lovely!!! Ours is slow growing in Indiana! Hey, you are still set on no reply in blogger. Just an fyi! :)

    ReplyDelete